Skip to main content

Ars est celare artem

I have resisted for several years now to start blogging. Considering the huge amount of blogs out there I believe adding one more subjective source of information to be not only unnecessary but completely wasteful. I always looked it into this whole business from the consumer perspective and from that point of view the horizon already looks absolutely cluttered so I refused to add up to the problem by posting my ideas into a predefined HTML template.
Other thought that kept me from starting was the plain fact that I'm no that interesting, who would what to read what I want to say? I'm not a blogophagus to start with, I have like this set of 4 blogs I regularly read that are written by amazingly bright people so the thought of starting my own sounded to me like a disrespectful attempt to try to compare myself in some manner to the Scot Adams, Jeff Atwoods or ThundeF00ts of the world, which is in turn extremely intimidating, because what can I say that they can't in a more articulated way, what can I contribute that they haven already though or said.
Other though that prevented me from starting into the forbidden art of blogging was that if you are really pointing hi, if you are looking to affect someone out there you need to try to make your message reach a considerable amount of people so that among the masses you can actually reach someone that is in sync with what you are saying. To do that you need to transmit in the standard protocol of human communication on the internet, that is English. I'm not by any means a native speaker I have enough trouble trying to master the language which I grew up with, so attempting to weave a consistent intelligible message in a language which is mostly foreign to me is not only painful and slow but it opens up the possibilities of mistakes and misinterpretations (also ridicule when you make a childish error).
I opened this Blogger account several months ago but I had been avoiding the ominous realization that has been bugging me for weeks now. I have this sudden urge to write. So I came into the conclusion that I need to do this for a pure egocentric cause. I've been going through a critical phase of changes in my life, nothing really dramatic to be honest, its more like a period of auto-criticism and auto evaluation that has led me to a state of uncomfortable self-awareness which is probably the cause of the urge I feel. So I just decided to take this a s a cheep option to therapy (with the extra benefit that I don't have to leave my house or talk to a stranger that in principle studied his/her psychology because s/he was unable to deal with his/her own demons in a healthy way).
So I don't have any specific plans for this space, It has no unifying theme, no grand purpose, no pretentious goal. Its just written, digital catharsis and I think the title express it in a sufficiently ambiguous way which was what I personally intended:
"Ars est celare artem" --- "The true art is to conceal the art"
What art? What do you mean by concealing? It is too soon and this space to young to answer that just yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Java - Getting the memory size of an object.

Because the way Java language and the way JVMs are implemented, this apparently trivial task is more complex than it may seem specially when compared to C++ where all objects have a size() method. Java memory architecture is built to abstract the developer from direct manipulation of memory so that the developer can focus on more relevant tasks, this comes with a price. There are 3 basic approaches you can take in order to do this all with their pros and cons: Memory guess (Heap Size prior object creation - Heap Size after object creation = Object Size) Java Instrumenting Query Serialization Memory Guess This is the simplest approach because of the fact that you have a pretty easy access to the Heap Size via: Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory(); The issue with this approach is that you cannot control what is being thrown into the heap at a given time, JVM is shared by a lot of processes that run in a given machine so this is a error prone approach that is not recommend

¿Que tienen los cuchillos de obsidiana y el Nearshore en común?

Presentacion Aparicion en Campus Night Jalisco Nov 2016 Como siempre me gustaría empezar esta noche con una historia, disculpen uds la insistencia, pero esto es lo que los cuenta cuentos hacemos. Al terminar les prometo que la historia es bastante relevante con lo el tema que queremos tratar. Este es parte de una historia es solo un fragmento plasmado en el Códice Boturini conocido también como la Tira de la Peregrinación que narra la migración de los Chichimecas de su lugar de origen, Aztlán,  hacia su destino final, la tierra prometida de Teoculhuacan. El viaje inicia como muchos viajes conocidos, con un personaje misterioso y muy poderoso que convence a un grupo de aventureros a embarcarse en una aventura, en ese caso éste personaje no es otro que el mismísimo Huitzilopozchtli, el dios de la guerra, el sol y los sacrificios humanos, nuestro Gandalf mesoamericano. Nuestra historia comienza pasados más de 2 siglos dentro de este viaje tras muchas peripecias y percances l

Crítica a "10 Ideas Erróneas sobre PHP"

Hace algún tiempo me encontré con un post que hablaba sobre las 10 ideas erroneas sobre PHP . Me pareció interesante la idea de hacer un arquetípico post de 10 puntos defendiendo un lenguaje de programación, situacion que por si misma me parece un tanto chusca. Antes de empezar quisiera aclarar algo. He sido desarrollador de PHP por más de 6 años (de hecho siempre me he considerado un PHPer en recuperación). Dada esa experiencia puedo decir sin temor a equivocarme que PHP es una excelente herramienta para el 95% de los proyectos Web (pequeños), es accesible y tiene una comunidad bastante extensa y heterogénea (esto puede ser un problema en ocasiones). También desarrollo en Java desde hace 7 años y he hecho algunos proyectos en C Sharp con .NET, Flex y actualmente me encuentro en un desarrollo que utiliza Grails (Groovy on Rails) y Griffon por lo que he tenido algo de experiencia con tecnologías muy distintas y filosofías casi opuestas. Puedo decir con mucha seguridad que PHP def